Wednesday 23 July 2008

Bulgarian Banitsas

It was 7:30 in the morning and I had just bought my breakfast from the little baker shop on the corner and was about to tuck in when Kamila called. She wanted to know what I was eating and what it tasted like.

This was a banitsa and it tastes wonderful especially when it is fresh I told her. Kamila had seen people eating these as they walk down the road and she said it was wrong not to sit down to eat their food. It was not good to eat on the move, it give you indigestion she went on to tell me.

Well Kamila was right, it wasn't a good idea to eat on the move but this is how they do it here I said. The only other choice is to not have any breakfast or be late for work if they find a seat to eat it.

Kamila thought again before telling me that perhaps it is not a good idea to tell people what they should or shouldn't do here, after all I am a guest in their country. How would I like it if people told me how to eat in my country?

What a thought provoking and considerate camel she is.
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

2 comments: on "Bulgarian Banitsas"

Margaret Elmendorf said...

Well Kamila is right on both accounts. He shouldn't tell people how to eat but then it was a good suggestion.He was just trying to be helpful, even if it wasn't his country.

John @ Family, Fitness and Finances said...

I agree with Kamila. My grandmother always told us to sit down while eating. She said that walking around while eating could cause you to choke or cause indigestion. Good advice.